龙空技术网

BBC六分钟词汇 - 语块

英语东2023 182

前言:

今天看官们对“显示块英文”大约比较珍视,小伙伴们都想要了解一些“显示块英文”的相关内容。那么小编也在网络上搜集了一些有关“显示块英文””的相关文章,希望同学们能喜欢,大家快快来学习一下吧!

-Hello and welcome to 6 Minute Vocabulary. I'm Finn. . . -And I'm Alice.

-欢迎收听六分钟词汇,我是芬恩。-我是爱丽丝。

In today's show we're going to look chunks of language.

本期我们要学的是语块。

Yes, and by chunks of language we mean groups of words that naturally go together.

是的,语块就是本该在一起的一组词。

And we're going to do that by listening to Kirsten, a student from Germany, talking about her typical morning.

我们将听到一名德国留学生柯尔斯顿关于她每天早上的日常描述。

We'll look closely at the chunks of language Kirsten uses.

仔细观察柯尔斯顿所使用的语块。

We'll have a quiz to see what we've learnt.

之后再对所学进行测试。

And we'll bring you a top tip for learning vocabulary.

传授你学习词汇的超棒妙招。

But before all that, we're going to hear from Kirsten, who's studying right here in London.

在此之前先听一段正在伦敦留学的柯尔斯顿的描述。

She's talking about her typical college day.

她讲的是大学生活的典型一天。

Now, two questions for you to think about while you listen.

边听录音边思考以下两个问题。

First, why does Kirsten have to leave?

首先,柯尔斯顿为什么要离开?

And second, why do you think Kirsten's English sounds a little bit unnatural?

第二,为什么柯尔斯顿的英文听起来有些不自然?

Let's find out.

让我们来听听看吧。

My typical morning? Well, I never go out on an unfilled stomach, so before class, I usually have a complete English breakfast — I love it.

我的早晨日常?我从来不空着肚子出门,上课之前我会吃一顿全套英式早餐,我非常喜欢吃。

Getting to class can take a big time because it is the rush period.

去学校会花很久,因为正好是上班高峰期。

But when I get to class it is a lot of enjoyment because my classmates come from all over the earth.

但是上课真的很有趣,因为我的同学们都来自全球各地。

Anyway, I must go into class right now, but I'll be back in a period.

总之,我现在得去上课了,但是我很快就会回来的。

So, why does she have to leave?

她为什么要离开呢?

She has to go to class. Well done if you got that.

她得去上课。答对了的话很棒哦。

But why did Kirsten's English sound a little bit unnatural?

但是为什么柯尔斯顿的英文听起来有些不自然呢?

Well, we understood her, but she did make some unusual word choices.

是的,我们虽然能听懂她的意思,但是她用词有些生僻。

Yes. And that's because she made some mistakes when she tried to use English fixed expressions, or chunks of language.

是的。她在使用一些固定表达或者说是语块时犯了一些错误。

Chunks are groups of words that naturally go together — they are fixed expressions and they can't usually be changed.

语块是自然而然组成的一组词,它们是一般不会改变的固定表达。

So instead of learning them word by word, we can think of them as one complete piece of language.

与其一个词一个词的认识它们,反而应该把它们当作整体来学习。

Let's look at some of Kirsten's chunks.

我们来看看柯尔斯顿使用的语块。

First, she said she doesn't like going out on an unfilled stomach.

首先,她说她不喜欢 going out on an unfilled stomach。

The normal way to say that you are doing something without eating first is to say you're doing something on an empty stomach.

“你做某事前一定会吃东西”的通常表达是“you’re doing something on an empty stomach”

Next, she said she likes to eat a complete English breakfast.

接着,他说她喜欢吃 a complete English breakfast.

The usual way to describe eggs, bacon, sausage and tomato is a full English breakfast.

通常描述鸡蛋,培根,香肠和西红柿应该用“ a full English breakfast”。

Ooh, feeling a bit hungry now. Then she said that going to college takes a big time, but the chunk is to take a long time.

我都觉得有点饿了。然后她说去学校需要“takes a big time”,但是正确的语块应该是“take a long time”。

And it takes a long time because it is the rush period — but the usual expression is the rush hour.

时间花很久是因为“rush period”,但是通常表达应该是“rush hour”。

Another one. Kirsten told us that class is a lot of enjoyment. But we usually say a lot of fun.

还有一个。柯利斯顿告诉我们上课是“a lot of enjoyment”,但是我们通常会说“a lot of fun”。

It's fun because Kirsten's friends come from all over the earth – normally all over the world.

柯利斯顿的朋友们“come from all over the earth”所以很有趣,通常表达应该是“all over the world”。

And let's listen to the last sentence again.

再听一遍最后一句。

Anyway, I must go into class right now, but I'll be back in a period.

总之,我必须去上课了,但是我会“back in a period”。

So she'll return soon to talk more, but the usual way to say this is back in a bit. Or back in a minute.

她会很快回来继续聊,但是通常表达应该是“back in a bit”,或者说是“back in a minute”。

Great stuff. So, let's listen to Kirsten again, this time with all the correct chunks of language.

很棒。让我们再听一遍柯利斯顿的话,这次使用的都是正确的语块。

My typical morning? Well, I never go out on an empty stomach, so before class, I usually have a full English breakfast — I love it.

我的早晨日常?我从来不空着肚子出门,上课之前我会吃一顿全套英式早餐,我非常喜欢吃。

Getting to class can take a long time because it is the rush hour.

去学校会花很久,因为正好是上班高峰期。

But when I get to class it's a lot of fun because my classmates come from all over the world.

但是上课真的很有趣,因为我的同学们都来自全球各地。

Anyway, I must go into class right now, but I'll be back in a bit.

总之,我现在得去上课了,但是我很快就会回来的。

Well done Kirsten. It sounded much more natural that time.

柯利斯顿棒极了。这次听着自然多了。

So, now it's time for a quiz. You have to finish the sentences with the correct chunk.

下面是测试时间。用正确语块完成句子。

Number 1. I want to learn Chinese, but I think it will. . . a) have a long time; b) take a great age; c) take a long time.

1,我想学中文,但是我觉得这会:a) have a long time;b) take a great age;c) take a long time.

The natural way to say it is: c) take a long time.

正确的表达方式是:c) take a long time.

Yes. That's aright.

是的,没错。

Now number 2. People are learning English. . . a) all over the world; b) around the earth; c) throughout the planet.

2. ……的人们正在学习英语。a) all over the world;b) around the earth;c) throughout the planet.

People are learning English: a) all over the world.

a) all over the world 的人们正在学习英语。

Yes. Well done if you got that.

是的。答对了的话那你很棒哦。

And that brings us almost to the end of today's show.

本期的节目就要接近尾声了。

But before we go, here's today's top tip — instead of learning lists of vocabulary word by word, try picking up natural chunks of language that you hear people using.

结束前向大家传授一个超棒的妙招,与其学习一个一个的单词列表,不如试着学习人们常用的语块吧。

Learning these chunks will make your English sound much more natural.

学习这些语块可以让你的英文听起来更自然。

That's great advice. There's more about this at BBC learning English dot com. Please join us again for six-minute vocabulary.

不错的建议呢。BBC英语学习网,欢迎访问更多。欢迎再次收听六分钟词汇学习。

-Bye! -Bye.

-再见。-再见。

标签: #显示块英文